top of page
  • Who is eligible for your services?
    Permanent residents, naturalized Canadian citizens, those who are here through RNIP, refugees, people who have work permits or study permits, and Ukrainian temporary residents in Canada eligible under the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET). You must be currently living in the Vernon area to access our services.
  • Do I need to make an appointment?
    Yes. We can't guarantee that there will be someone available to meet with you unless you book an appointment, as our workers are often in appointments with other clients. Please contact us to book an appointment.
  • Will you help me or someone I know immigrate to Canada?
    We are not able to offer immigration advice or recruitment services. Having said that, a good place to start is to check out this Come to Canada wizard tool to help you determine your permanent residency or work permit eligibility. Vernon also participates in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot. More on that program can be found here. If you feel like you still need guidance, you may want to consider hiring an immigration consultant.
  • I want to enroll in English language classes. How do I sign up?
    The first step to accessing our services, including Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC), is to go through the intake process with one of our settlement workers. Once you are a client, you will be able to access our services. Call or email to set up an appointment for a client intake.
  • Do you accept item donations such as clothing for newcomers?
    Unfortunately, due to size limitations we are not able to accept item donations. If you would like to donate items to newcomers from Ukraine, contact the Slavic United Network.
  • What languages are your staff able to communicate in?
    Our in-house languages include the following: English, French, Ukrainian, Russian, Hindi, German, Punjabi, Spanish, Arabic, Faroese, and Tagalog.
  • I'd like to volunteer. How do I get started?
    Please complete our online volunteer application. You can also visit our Get Involved page for more information.
  • Do you offer daycare/childminding services?
    Yes! We have a fully licensed daycare.
  • Can you help me get a job?
    We can assist you in your job search, career guidance, writing a resume/cover letter, skills workshops, and more.
  • Can you help register my child(ren) for school?
    Yes, our S.W.I.S. (Settlement Worker in Schools) program provides settlement support to newcomer families and students in cooperation with the school. Services include one-to-one settlement counselling, school orientation sessions, group information sessions, and cultural and youth events. Activities help facilitate students to adjust into the British Columbian school system, the community, and life in Canada.
  • Will you help me apply for RNIP?
    We are not able to help you apply for RNIP. Information about RNIP can be found here.
bottom of page